Yes, all of our Carriers and Infant Inserts (plus insert pillow) are machine washable.
- bvseo_cps, prod_bvrr, vn_cps_3.1.6
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_13
- loc_en_US, sid_BCCHEVRONNL, PRD, sort_relevancy
Ergobaby Original Baby Carrier - Chevron Pink and Grey
This is an archived product and is no longer sold.
this modern carrier is right on trend
With the award winning design of the Original Collection, Ergobaby’s Pink and Grey Chevron Carrier brings a modern look to the retro chevron style. The Ergobaby Pink and Grey Chevron Carrier blends our trademark comfort and design with a distinct zigzag pattern. This artsy design was 1 of 2 winning patterns selected during the Ergobaby fan-inspired "Design Ergobaby's Next Carrier" challenge on Facebook.
The Ergobaby Original Baby Carrier has been acknowledged as a "hip healthy" product by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute. Our baby carriers are comfortable, ergonomic, and safe for baby's hips.
ergonomic baby carrier
- 100% Cotton shell and lining
- Adjustable padded shoulder straps and waist belt
- Large storage pocket
- Adjustable hood
- Machine washable
- Comfortable for Parents: Baby’s weight is evenly distributed between the hips and shoulders
- Ergonomic for Baby: Baby is cradled in a natural sitting position
- 3 Carry Positions: Front, Back and Hip
- Baby Weight Range: 7*-45 lb/3.2* – 20 kg (*Newborn with Infant Insert)
- Stitching: Reinforced at all fabric intersections for extra durability
- Shoulder Strap Length Range: 24”-44” (61cm-112cm)
- Waist belt Circumference Range: 26”-55” (66cm-140cm)
- Shoulder Strap Padding: 1” high density PU foam
- Large Zippered Storage Pocket
- Machine washable
- Designed in the USA
Each parent and child is different but usually around 6 months your baby will be ready to be carried on the back and parents are comfortable not having their baby in direct line of sight. Baby must have strong head and neck control and be comfortably sitted consistently in the carrier in an ergonomic, frog-leg position with knees even to hips. People with larger babies who are more developed may choose to put their baby in the back carry position even earlier than 6 months especially for longer carry times since many parents find it more comfortable to wear heavy babies on their backs.
Our Original, Organic, and Performance carriers are designed to be ergonomic for you as well as the baby. Therefore, the baby must always be facing the parent to have the proper support from the body of the carrier. So, you should not wear the baby in the front outward position in them. Only the Four Position 360 carrier is designed to carry the baby in this front outward position.
You can launder your Ergobaby carrier using a mild detergent on a gentle cycle with cold water. You can use the dryer for about 20 minutes. It will still be damp. Hang out to dry for the duration of the drying time.
Fabric: The Ergobaby Original Carriers are made from 100% Cotton fabric while the Performance Carriers feature a lightweight breathable mesh back panel to keep baby cool and is ideal for warmer climates.
Shoulder Straps: The Ergobaby Original carrier shoulder straps are cushier and more flexible for maximum everyday comfort, while Performance Carrier's shoulder straps are curved with a firmer padding and are ideal for back carrying. Still, they can both be worn in the front-inward, back and hip carry positions and for long durations of time, the fit is more about individual preferences.
Chest Strap: The Ergobaby Performance Carrier's chest strap is on a slider, for easy adjusting.
Weight range: Both Ergobaby Original and Performance carriers support babies up to 45 lbs.
Ergobaby recommends a weight limit of 45 pounds for its Original, Organic and Performance carriers. Our carrier will accommodate you as long as you and your baby are happy using it.
• Our Infant Inserts are designed so that you can safely carry your newborn baby from day one if they are 7lbs or more, and until age 4-6 months. It is designed to provide ultimate comfort and support for baby, by providing head, neck and spine support and ensuring baby is correctly seated while in the Ergobaby Carrier. Once your baby can hold her/his head up for long periods of time and is comfortable with her/his hips in a splayed position, the use of the Infant Insert is no longer necessary. The Infant Insert is designed to grow with your baby.
• The top rounded edge of the back and neck panel can be folded outward and down to provide more neck support for smaller, younger infants.
• The removable pillow at the base of the Infant Insert provides extra height, support and cushion for baby and enables a natural seated position. For babies with strong head and neck control who could use a boost in the carrier, the pillow can be removed from the Infant Insert and placed directly in the carrier for baby to sit on. This is for small babies who have strong and consistent head and neck control (typically 4-6 age range) but are either too short to bend at the knees when seated in the Carrier or would like to be seated higher in the Carrier.
• Use the back support cushion without the pillow for larger or taller babies who still need head and neck support.
• Infant Inserts are sold separately or within the Bundle of Joy.
• All Ergobaby Infant Inserts can be used with any Ergobaby Carrier.
• NOTE: Babies grow and develop at different rates, so their transition to pillow only in carrier or without infant insert in carrier typically takes place between 4 and 6 months. Since babies grow and develop at different rates, monitor your newborn's development to decide when she/he is ready for the transition.