Ergobaby & Orbit Baby Employment Opportunities
If you are interested in any of the positions listed here, please follow the application instructions listed within each job description.
Please indicate the specific position you are applying for either in the email subject line, and/or in your cover letter. If sending in a general application, clearly identify it as such. Please keep the size of your email under 500kb (including attachments).
Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, we are unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate.
Thank you for your interest in Ergobaby & Orbit Baby.
- Orbit Baby: Senior Product Engineer
- Ergobaby & Orbit Baby: Director, Human Resources
- Ergobaby & Orbit Baby: Director of Quality Assurance
- Ergobaby & Orbit Baby: Financial Analyst
- Ergobaby & Orbit Baby: Digital Producer
>Updated October 21, 2014
Orbit Baby Position: Senior Product Engineer Apply for position
Orbit Baby: Form Follows Family
Started by Stanford engineering and design alumni, we are a fast-paced, fun, and high-energy company. We apply advanced engineering, innovative design, and high-tech materials to make the best child transportation gear on the planet. Orbit Baby has been featured in leading business and parenting media, and is the car seat and stroller of choice for VIPs including Hollywood and sports celebrities. The Orbit Baby line of products is sold nationwide in premium retail outlets and in a growing list of countries internationally. Orbit Baby is not an iPhone app or social-networking website – we design and make innovative physical products that parents aspire to own, and that functionally help families with their daily journeys. Check out our products and achievements at www.orbitbaby.com. Orbit Baby is an Ergobaby company (www.ergobaby.com).
Senior Product Engineer
Orbit Baby is entering a period of aggressive product launches, and we are looking for someone to take on the challenge of helping us execute and manage the multiple simultaneous engineering projects that will flow out of these products after they enter mass production. First and foremost, we will need you to help solve challenging technical, engineering and manufacturing problems to improve our products. We are looking for any talented engineers who have real-world experience working on physical products – juvenile industry experience is a bonus, but bike, outdoor-industry and other experiences are also welcome. You will be responsible for managing engineering activities for the Orbit Baby product line, including sustaining engineering activities for in-production products, collaborative engineering support for production ramp-up of new products, management of special editions and engineering of product refreshes. You should have experience managing multiple projects at the same time, be a wizard of project schedule and budget management, have experience working with outsource design and engineering teams and be up to the challenge of successfully coordinating multiple inputs into a project. Most importantly, you should be looking forward to joining a team that thrives on problem-solving, and is passionate about continuous improvement for products being used out in the real world.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
Duties involve project management of sustaining engineering activities for products that are currently in production. This includes troubleshooting manufacturing issues, , engineering support for Global Supply Group’s quality initiatives and response to Contract Manufacturer (CM) issued Engineering Change Requests (ECR) using internal Engineering Change Order (ECO) process.
Supports new product launches during production ramp-up as they enter Engineering Pilot (EP), Pilot Production (PP) and Mass Production (MP) phases. Assist with tooling, manufacturing jig and fixture design and creation and production processing. Manage engineering issues of products after initial MP including engineering aspects of special editions, limited editions and product refresh activities.
- BSME, or equivalent
- 5 to 7 years of relevant industry experience, or equivalent
- Experience managing multiple simultaneous engineering projects, outsource/contract teams, project schedules and budgets
- Experience with managing projects aimed at off-shore manufacturing, ability to travel in support of projects
- Engineering – Solid understanding of engineering fundamentals; Generates solutions to product and production needs and challenges; Understands mechanical constraints and properties of relevant materials; Understands relevant manufacturing processes e.g. plastic injection molding; Manages and implements physical prototyping as needed.
- Manufacturing – Strong understanding of the foundational manufacturing processes and technologies utilized in Orbit Baby products. These could include plastic injection molding in various materials and resins; metal forming and punching, welding; soft goods sewing; mass assembly methods involving rivets and other fasteners, assembly machinery such as rivet machines and pneumatic tools, fixtures and jigs used for alignment, quality and assembly purposes; and metal finishing including powder coating, anodizing, and plating.
- Solidworks CAD software or Creo CAD software, Illustrator design software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Mandarin Chinese language skills
- Location: Newark, CA.
- Compensation: depending on experience
- Competitive benefits, including medical and 401k
- Principals only (recruiters, please do not contact us regarding this job posting)
- Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Ergobaby & Orbit Baby Position: Director, Human Resources Apply for position
The Director, Human Resources will oversee the full scope of human resources. Direct staff in the areas of: organizational structure, employment, compensation, employee database maintenance, payroll, benefits administration, employee relations, orientation/training/development, recruiting and policy/procedure development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- A trusted advisor to business executives. Leads and develops HR strategies that support business objectives and action plans.
- Monitors legislation and reporting requirements and ensures Company’s policies, procedures and reporting practices are in compliance with all agency requirements. This includes, but is not limited to, handling any potential or actual worker compensation issues, FMLA issues/communication, EDD issues, etc.
- Responsible for developing policies and procedures for the human resources department.
- Responds to inquiries by employees on benefits, payroll, policies or general questions.
- Participates in benefits administration (health insurance and 401(k) plans) to include benefits orientations, enrollments, claim resolution, change reporting and reconciliation of monthly invoices.
- Ensures that every aspect of the Human Resources Department incorporates the vision, values, and culture of the organization.
- Works with Legal to help manage the risk management for all the work functions.
- Financial responsibilities which include, but are not limited to, preparing and managing the HR budget, managing the cost of benefits, and assisting with compensation reviews including salary, bonus, and option files.
- Training responsibilities which include, but are not limited to, employee orientation, employee development, and training management in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, and sexual harassment.
- Oversees Company’s hiring, performance evaluations, and retention practices. Responsible for the recruitment process by placing job postings, screening and distributing resumes, coordinating interviews for hiring managers, checking references and preparing offer packages.
- Maintains employee information and annual review process through Halogen, HCM software.
- Responsible for HR report generation. Establishes reports and documents to provide current personnel information to management and others as needed.
- Responds to inquiries from authorized third parties regarding employment verification and unemployment inquiries.
- Investigates Workers’ Compensation accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier.
- Works with Legal to prepare confidentiality agreements, non-disclosure and non-solicitation agreements, employee separation agreements, immigration forms, and other documents as needed.
- Conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Maintains personnel files and required paperwork (payroll change forms, new hire request forms, job descriptions, etc.).
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality. Focuses on solving conflict. Listens to others and keeps emotions under control.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs. Able to read and interpret written information.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to analyze and understand the legal and financial ramifications of the Human Resources role with the Company.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and 5+ years of experience as a Human Resources Director or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of ADP Payroll/HRIS software is a plus.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and interpret legal and financial documents, such as employee handbook, separation agreements and releases, and option plans. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ergobaby & Orbit Baby Position: Director of Quality Assurance Apply for position
The Director of Global Quality Assurance will be responsible for developing and sustaining processes to ensure on-going quality assurance and product safety for both soft and hard lines – Ergobaby and Orbit Baby. He/she will lead quality related discussions and processes amongst internal teams, factories, sub-vendors, and key customers. The Director will oversee pre-production & pilot production and ensure the most optimal (effective and efficient) quality management processes are in place. The Director will be responsible for documenting all corrective actions required and also responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of these corrective actions in conjunction with the Production team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Training & Development of Sustainable ORT Programs – EXISTING PRODUCTS
- Update and manage the Quality Assurance and On-going Reliability Testing programs in China, Vietnam, and India.
- Align with Production and Production Development on critical, major, and minor checkpoints and ensure quality programs are "executable".
- Train overseas factories, sub-vendors, and direct reports on critical processes to ensure flawless execution of quality management programs. Document all training programs and processes as reference guides.
- Ensure correct people are in place at each region to manage the programs.
- Visit factories to evaluate and inspect programs on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure that AQL inspection reports are sent with every shipment. Ensure ORT updates are sent regularly (frequency TBD).
- Evaluate data collected from suppliers, distributors, customers, and customer service. Work closely with the Regulatory Compliance group to stay on top of any new requirements. Determine if any revisions are required to the current list of checkpoints or to the existing quality management programs.
- Maintain and track the list of pending/on-going improvements and the "source and reason for the improvement recommendation".
- Management of Pilot Production (pre-production) - NEW PRODUCTS
- Work closely with Design and Regulatory Compliance leadership to prepare for mass production, avoiding delays. Work closely with these two groups in early development stages to identify potential manufacturing or quality management issues earlier. Document all recommendations by SKU.
- Align with Design & Development teams to ensure that factories have the correct machines/equipment prior to mass production and final costing.
- Ensure that all regulatory tests or critical preliminary (chemical or performance) tests have been completed prior to the start of pilot production to avoid delays in starting mass production.
- Review factory feedback on pilot production – identification of any potential quality issues in mass production. Document all "learnings" from pilot production and incorporate into final Tech Pack / Spec Sheets, upon alignment with Design and Production.
- Validate all Tech Packs / Spec Sheets, checking for errors and omissions.
- Evaluate the quality management processes by product to ensure quality standards and requirements are feasible (both achievable and sustainable).
- Manage and document all product changes from pilot production and beyond.
- Oversee all 3rd party audits and inspections for both existing and new products.
- Oversee all inspection/testing/audit costs and budgetary related activities.
- Communication Management (internal and external)
- Manage all communication with distributors /customers relating to quality complaints or requests, paying close attention to international communication protocols.
- Document all Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) and hold monthly meetings to include Design, Production/Supply, and Finance. Include progress on ORT in monthly meetings.
- Develop and maintain Key Performance Metrics (KPI’s) to manage on-going improvement progress. Include these KPI’s in monthly meetings.
- Maintain an update-to-date QA guidebook for existing and new products. Ensure that factories and sub-vendors fully understand and accept the quality requirements documented in this book.
- Modify the QA guidebook (by product) for key customers (summarized version) to be used at their own inspection facility.
- Corrective Action Identification & Management
- Evaluate validity and severity of reported issues and classify as minor, major, or critical in conjunction with the VP Global Supply. Conduct thorough investigations of all reported issues to identify root causes and identify CAPs (corrective action plans).
- Provide guidance and direction to factories and sub-vendors to ensure appropriate and swift corrective actions.
- Work with factories and key sub-vendors to develop performance matrixes and reporting, resolve issues, and drive increased supplier performance.
- Proactively identify potential product quality and product performance issues. Work with Design & Production to implement solutions.
- Collaboration with Cross Functional Teams
- Collaborate with the Director of Regulatory Compliance to ensure that all on-going reliable tests and programs are inclusive of additional "new" requirements.
- Collaborate with Production and Supply Chain team to ensure that all developed processes are executable and sustainable (efficient and effective).
- Prevent disruption to the manufacturing processes and deliveries to customers while ensuring a higher level of quality.
- Other duties as required to support the Global Supply Chain teams and our growing company.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Four-year college or university required in a technical discipline.
- Candidates will have a minimum of 5-7 years of relevant Quality Assurance within a manufacturing/consumer product related environment. Overseas factory experience a must.
- This position will be based in Los Angeles with up to 30% overseas traveling.
- Experience manufacturing / process development & implementation is required. Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to strategize the objectives and drive the various initiatives of the Global Supply Chain department initiative.
- Ability to proactively trouble shoot and problem solve.
- Experience with soft goods or apparel manufacturing is required. Experience with hard goods is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, very strong problem-solving skills, and good MS Excel skills. Proven ability to work as a collaborative team member with excellent leadership experience.
Ergobaby & Orbit Baby Position: Financial Analyst Apply for position
Reporting to the Controller, the position will partner with Sales, Demand Management and Marketing, providing sales and margin analysis and insights, periodic (weekly, monthly and quarterly) reporting as well as forecasting and budgeting support for Ergobaby and Orbit Baby. The position will also provide ad hoc financial analysis requested by the finance, sales or the marketing departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide periodic (weekly, monthly, quarterly) reporting and analysis of sales trends by SKU, customer, sales rep., distributor, etc., with comparison to budget and prior periods
- Analyze weekly POS data received from retail partners
- Present sales insights to Executive Management
- Provide monthly forecast support utilizing RockySoft, the Company’s Demand Planning and Forecasting Software
- Maintain a financial model to evaluate the impact of volume, mix (product and channel), and other pricing and COGS changes on standard margins
- Work with IT to continuously improve the reporting from EPICOR, the Company’s ERP system
- Support the monthly reporting, forecasting and annual budgeting processes
- Provide ad hoc reporting and analysis as requested by the sales and marketing departments
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Flexible and adaptable
- Results orientation and personal accountability
- Sense of urgency
- Strong work ethic, and intellectually curious
- High integrity and trustworthy
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively. Listens and gets clarification. Responds well to questions. Demonstrates group presentation skills. Participates in meetings.
Written Communication - Presents numerical data effectively. Able to read and interpret written information. Writes clearly and informatively. Edits work for spelling and grammar.
Varies writing style to meet needs.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Puts success of team above own interests. Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget. Conserves organizational resources.
Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Supports and explains reasoning for decisions. Includes appropriate people in decision-making process. Makes timely decisions.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions. Works well in group problem solving situations.
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting, MBA candidate, or MBA, is a plus
- 5+ years of FP&A, sales analysis or data analysis experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to analyze complex data and summarize insights
- Ability to balance multiple projects and priorities
- Highly resourceful
- Strong organizational focus and attention to detail
- Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with PowerPivot a plus
- Experience with databases, preferably Epicor or SQL
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Experience with data management and reporting
- Fluent in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
Ergobaby & Orbit Baby Position: Digital Producer Apply for position
The Digital Producer will drive great user experience through publishing and optimizing online content, newsletters and email campaigns. This role collaborates with Marketing & Sales teams to reach overall revenue & engagement goals.
This position is responsible for driving and executing a web and mobile digital content calendar (by brand) of activity and content, ensuring integration/alignment with all marketing and sales functions.
Collaborate with Marketing Product Managers, Customer Care Team and developers to create, enhance, and consistently test web & mobile site content.
- Partner with Product Marketing & Community teams to edit/re-fine content that drives engagement, sales and increases organic search traffic
- Develop A/B test methodology for web site & mobile headline, copy, graphics and layout to optimize engagement and sales
- Work closely with Customer Care & Product Marketing teams to implement FAQs, support and parts content that reduces calls and improves customer satisfaction
- Partner with Creative Services & Product Marketing teams to design, develop & then test landing pages
Email Management Responsibilities
This position is responsible for developing email campaigns as well as tactical execution of those campaigns to enhance customer retention and profitability.
- Plan and manage automated email marketing campaigns, including monthly newsletters
- Partner with Product Marketing & Sr. Community Manager on email copy
- Provide monthly updates on key metrics, ROI and key trends for email program
- Work with email delivery system for the production and deployment
SEO Optimization Responsibilities
Work with Digital Marketing Director to optimize all digital properties for organic search.
- On-page optimization and content editing including call-to-action statements, headlines, meta tags, page titles, alt tags, and descriptions
- Keyword research, analysis, and implementation into content and other aspects of websites
- Lead the charge to optimize our YouTube videos
- Work with Sr. Community Manager to develop quality/relevant inbound links
- Specifically manage YouTube metrics giving feedback and making recommendations to Creative Services and Product Marketing teams
- Manage all BazaarVoice customer reviews
- Manage B2B Catalog Management on B2B site
- 3+ years experience website production with strong project management skills
- Good knowledge of SEO principles
- Proficent in HTML
- Experience with digital analytic tools such as Google Analytics
- Experience with Web CMS systems
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships
- Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide other departments when necessary
- Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
- Experience with A/B testing and/or email marketing campaign management a plus
All other duties as required or assigned
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively, Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Education and/or Experience
Four year college or university program degree; or 3+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, as well as 3+ years in web production experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be Proficient in HTML, Google Analytics, the Microsoft suite of Office including Word & Excel
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel maybe required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer