Ergobaby & Orbit Baby Employment Opportunities
If you are interested in any of the positions listed here, please follow the application instructions listed within each job description.
Please indicate the specific position you are applying for either in the email subject line, and/or in your cover letter. If sending in a general application, clearly identify it as such. Please keep the size of your email under 500kb (including attachments).
Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, we are unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate.
Thank you for your interest in Ergobaby & Orbit Baby.
- Ergobaby & Orbit Baby: Director, Human Resources
- Ergobaby & Orbit Baby: Director of Quality Assurance
- Ergobaby: Marketing Coordinator
- Orbit Baby: Product Graphics Designer
>Updated February 25, 2015
Ergobaby & Orbit Baby Position: Director, Human Resources Apply for position
The Director, Human Resources will oversee the full scope of human resources. Direct staff in the areas of: organizational structure, employment, compensation, employee database maintenance, payroll, benefits administration, employee relations, orientation/training/development, recruiting and policy/procedure development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- A trusted advisor to business executives. Leads and develops HR strategies that support business objectives and action plans.
- Monitors legislation and reporting requirements and ensures Company’s policies, procedures and reporting practices are in compliance with all agency requirements. This includes, but is not limited to, handling any potential or actual worker compensation issues, FMLA issues/communication, EDD issues, etc.
- Responsible for developing policies and procedures for the human resources department.
- Responds to inquiries by employees on benefits, payroll, policies or general questions.
- Participates in benefits administration (health insurance and 401(k) plans) to include benefits orientations, enrollments, claim resolution, change reporting and reconciliation of monthly invoices.
- Ensures that every aspect of the Human Resources Department incorporates the vision, values, and culture of the organization.
- Works with Legal to help manage the risk management for all the work functions.
- Financial responsibilities which include, but are not limited to, preparing and managing the HR budget, managing the cost of benefits, and assisting with compensation reviews including salary, bonus, and option files.
- Training responsibilities which include, but are not limited to, employee orientation, employee development, and training management in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, and sexual harassment.
- Oversees Company’s hiring, performance evaluations, and retention practices. Responsible for the recruitment process by placing job postings, screening and distributing resumes, coordinating interviews for hiring managers, checking references and preparing offer packages.
- Maintains employee information and annual review process through Halogen, HCM software.
- Responsible for HR report generation. Establishes reports and documents to provide current personnel information to management and others as needed.
- Responds to inquiries from authorized third parties regarding employment verification and unemployment inquiries.
- Investigates Workers’ Compensation accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier.
- Works with Legal to prepare confidentiality agreements, non-disclosure and non-solicitation agreements, employee separation agreements, immigration forms, and other documents as needed.
- Conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Maintains personnel files and required paperwork (payroll change forms, new hire request forms, job descriptions, etc.).
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality. Focuses on solving conflict. Listens to others and keeps emotions under control.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs. Able to read and interpret written information.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to analyze and understand the legal and financial ramifications of the Human Resources role with the Company.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and 5+ years of experience as a Human Resources Director or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of ADP Payroll/HRIS software is a plus.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and interpret legal and financial documents, such as employee handbook, separation agreements and releases, and option plans. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ergobaby & Orbit Baby Position: Director of Quality Assurance Apply for position
The Director of Global Quality Assurance will be responsible for developing and sustaining processes to ensure on-going quality assurance and product safety for both soft and hard lines – Ergobaby and Orbit Baby. He/she will lead quality related discussions and processes amongst internal teams, factories, sub-vendors, and key customers. The Director will oversee pre-production & pilot production and ensure the most optimal (effective and efficient) quality management processes are in place. The Director will be responsible for documenting all corrective actions required and also responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of these corrective actions in conjunction with the Production team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Training & Development of Sustainable ORT Programs – EXISTING PRODUCTS
- Update and manage the Quality Assurance and On-going Reliability Testing programs in China, Vietnam, and India.
- Align with Production and Production Development on critical, major, and minor checkpoints and ensure quality programs are "executable".
- Train overseas factories, sub-vendors, and direct reports on critical processes to ensure flawless execution of quality management programs. Document all training programs and processes as reference guides.
- Ensure correct people are in place at each region to manage the programs.
- Visit factories to evaluate and inspect programs on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure that AQL inspection reports are sent with every shipment. Ensure ORT updates are sent regularly (frequency TBD).
- Evaluate data collected from suppliers, distributors, customers, and customer service. Work closely with the Regulatory Compliance group to stay on top of any new requirements. Determine if any revisions are required to the current list of checkpoints or to the existing quality management programs.
- Maintain and track the list of pending/on-going improvements and the "source and reason for the improvement recommendation".
- Management of Pilot Production (pre-production) - NEW PRODUCTS
- Work closely with Design and Regulatory Compliance leadership to prepare for mass production, avoiding delays. Work closely with these two groups in early development stages to identify potential manufacturing or quality management issues earlier. Document all recommendations by SKU.
- Align with Design & Development teams to ensure that factories have the correct machines/equipment prior to mass production and final costing.
- Ensure that all regulatory tests or critical preliminary (chemical or performance) tests have been completed prior to the start of pilot production to avoid delays in starting mass production.
- Review factory feedback on pilot production – identification of any potential quality issues in mass production. Document all "learnings" from pilot production and incorporate into final Tech Pack / Spec Sheets, upon alignment with Design and Production.
- Validate all Tech Packs / Spec Sheets, checking for errors and omissions.
- Evaluate the quality management processes by product to ensure quality standards and requirements are feasible (both achievable and sustainable).
- Manage and document all product changes from pilot production and beyond.
- Oversee all 3rd party audits and inspections for both existing and new products.
- Oversee all inspection/testing/audit costs and budgetary related activities.
- Communication Management (internal and external)
- Manage all communication with distributors /customers relating to quality complaints or requests, paying close attention to international communication protocols.
- Document all Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) and hold monthly meetings to include Design, Production/Supply, and Finance. Include progress on ORT in monthly meetings.
- Develop and maintain Key Performance Metrics (KPI’s) to manage on-going improvement progress. Include these KPI’s in monthly meetings.
- Maintain an update-to-date QA guidebook for existing and new products. Ensure that factories and sub-vendors fully understand and accept the quality requirements documented in this book.
- Modify the QA guidebook (by product) for key customers (summarized version) to be used at their own inspection facility.
- Corrective Action Identification & Management
- Evaluate validity and severity of reported issues and classify as minor, major, or critical in conjunction with the VP Global Supply. Conduct thorough investigations of all reported issues to identify root causes and identify CAPs (corrective action plans).
- Provide guidance and direction to factories and sub-vendors to ensure appropriate and swift corrective actions.
- Work with factories and key sub-vendors to develop performance matrixes and reporting, resolve issues, and drive increased supplier performance.
- Proactively identify potential product quality and product performance issues. Work with Design & Production to implement solutions.
- Collaboration with Cross Functional Teams
- Collaborate with the Director of Regulatory Compliance to ensure that all on-going reliable tests and programs are inclusive of additional "new" requirements.
- Collaborate with Production and Supply Chain team to ensure that all developed processes are executable and sustainable (efficient and effective).
- Prevent disruption to the manufacturing processes and deliveries to customers while ensuring a higher level of quality.
- Other duties as required to support the Global Supply Chain teams and our growing company.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Four-year college or university required in a technical discipline.
- Candidates will have a minimum of 5-7 years of relevant Quality Assurance within a manufacturing/consumer product related environment. Overseas factory experience a must.
- This position will be based in Los Angeles with up to 30% overseas traveling.
- Experience manufacturing / process development & implementation is required. Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to strategize the objectives and drive the various initiatives of the Global Supply Chain department initiative.
- Ability to proactively trouble shoot and problem solve.
- Experience with soft goods or apparel manufacturing is required. Experience with hard goods is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, very strong problem-solving skills, and good MS Excel skills. Proven ability to work as a collaborative team member with excellent leadership experience.
Ergobaby Position: Marketing Coordinator Apply for position
The Marketing Coordinator for Ergobaby will be responsible for supporting the Ergobaby Carriers category and helping out the marketing department on a variety of projects when needed. From keeping track of timelines and deliverables for projects to developing category insights through in-depth analysis and tracking competitive products, the Marketing Coordinator will possess a unique blend of organization and multi-tasking skills, analytical and creative abilities, attention to detail, team spirit, brand passion and a sense of urgency. This is a unique opportunity to gain exposure to the most exciting category and work with all departments within the marketing team, including product marketing, events, social media, PR and creative services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Desired Skills and Experience
- Brand Support
- Assist the Global Product Marketing Manager for Carriers on category and competitive analysis
- Support content development by copy editing marketing collateral
- Monitor the competitive landscape for product news, and potential advertising and promotional activities, keeping the team up to date on the latest news
- Cross-Functional Support: Help out with product launches, PR product requests, consumer events and trade shows by coordinating product and collateral shipping
- Maintain a central calendar and checklist of product development, launch and sustaining activities, coordinating with key stakeholders in product marketing, product development and creative services to keep information updated in real-time
- Provide administrative support to the Global Product Marketing team, including assembling PowerPoint presentations for monthly Marketing meetings and creating handouts/agendas
- Four year college or university program degree in Business or Marketing required
- At least 1-2 years of experience in a role where marketing & project management skills were required: experience can also come from internships, employment or volunteer roles
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills
- Strong analytical ability
- Great communication skills – demonstrated ability to effectively communicate ideas, both in writing and in person
- Excellent team player - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests
- Strong sense of urgency: you’re self-motivated and eager to demonstrate your skills and contribute to the success of your team. You’re the kind of person who asks for more to do when projects wrap up early
- Basic public speaking skills: you may be asked to attend a consumer event or two within the year- you should be comfortable demonstrating Ergobaby products to event attendees
Job Location and Travel
- This role will be based in Los Angeles, CA and may be asked to travel on occasion
Orbit Baby Position: Product Graphics Designer Apply for position
Orbit Baby is entering a period of aggressive product launches and we are looking for someone to take on the challenge of helping us execute and manage the multiple and simultaneous collateral projects that will flow out of these products. First and foremost, we will need you to help drive these projects while working in collaboration with and taking input from product designers and our creative group within the LA based Marketing department. We are looking for talented graphic designers who have real-world experience working on physical products and managing multiple design projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
Responsible for executing and managing multiple and simultaneous graphic design projects related to, but not limited to, Ergobaby and Orbitbaby product collateral. Product collateral includes on-product graphics (labels, pad printing, etc.), packaging (layouts, graphics, labels, etc.) and manuals (layouts, formatting, infographics, etc.). As a company that sells its products internationally, collateral will include multiple languages. You will collaborate with and take input from multiple sources, including product designers and our creative group which is part of our LA based Marketing department. This position requires the coordination and management of multiple contractors and vendors who provide translations services and other graphics needs.
The Product Graphics Designer will update and edit existing collateral, as well as create original content for Ergobaby and its family of brands. Not only must the collateral meet internal style guidelines, but since baby products are a highly regulated industry, all graphics must be designed to stringent constraints, including regulatory requirements for labeling. This position is responsible for the administration and maintenance of our collateral database as document and revision control is required. As such, you will be managing and documenting changes to collateral through a defined checklisting process.
- BA in Graphic Design, Visual Communication or equivalent
- 2 to 3 years of relevant industry experience, or equivalent
- Project Management – Firm grasp of organizational fundamentals; Define project scope and schedule using organizational tools, set goals, create and implement action plans and evaluate the results, ability to communicate project status clearly and effectively across cross-functional groups and upper management; capacity to positively influence and lead team members to common objectives; assess urgency and risk, contain and solve problem situations and make clear decisions during the course of the project
- Design – Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into finished product collateral; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail. Strong understanding of graphic design principles.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively, Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Location: Newark, CA.
- Compensation: depending on experience
- Competitive benefits, including medical and 401k
- Principals only (recruiters, please do not contact us regarding this job posting)
What Ergobaby & Orbit Baby can offer you:
Successful candidates will have excellent career opportunities throughout the company.
We have a comprehensive benefits package, which includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, FSA plan, 401(k) plan with employer match and paid vacation.
Qualified candidates, please submit resume, along with a cover letter and salary requirement (required) to: [email protected]
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer