Become the Newest Addition to Our Ergobaby and Orbit Baby Family!
At Ergobaby, we are continually amazed by how the tiniest person can transform our lives with just one exquisite breath. Similarly, we understand how one professional can transform a team and a company.
Our family of companies started with one simple idea…to make innovative baby products that support everyday parenting needs. We understand that it takes a team comprised of talented, caring, innovative people to take that idea and make it real. Our team of sales, marketing, product design/engineering, quality assurance, supply chain, and back office professionals are the Ergonauts who make it happen.
We are looking for the next Ergonaut…
The Ergobaby Culture
Ergobaby was founded in Maui while Orbit Baby was founded in the Silicon Valley. As such, there is a blend of a friendly, relaxed, and fun environment mixed with a results-oriented drive, a passion for our product, and a collaborative work ethic. We understand that our products touch the littlest of people…our future. That shared understanding unites us. There is nothing so great as knowing that what we do, we do for “them.”
For our fulltime Ergonauts, we offer the full suite of medical, dental, and voluntary benefits as well as 401k with discretionary match. We also offer 9 company paid holidays, vacation, 7 sick leave days, and 2 floating holidays.
*Ergonauts located in Europe or China receive a separate benefits package
Take a look around… our website, our Instagram feed, our Facebook page, and our Blogs.
If WE sound just like YOU, please view the positions listed below. If there is a role you are interested in, please send an email to [email protected] with the position title in the subject line.
Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, we are unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate.
Thank you for your interest in Ergobaby & Orbit Baby.
>Updated August 6, 2015
Associate Product Manager
Marketing is comprised of 4 sub-departments: Product Marketing, Creative Services, Social Media/Community, and Digital Marketing/eCommerce. The team functions as a shared service for both the Ergobaby and Orbit Baby brands. They have a large impact on the business from influencing products, supporting sales, managing the brand concept, revenue via eCommerce, and more. The team thrives on collaboration and joint accountability at all levels.
Strategic Imperative (Why this department and position is important to the success of Ergobaby): The Associate Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for understanding new parent insights & trends, translating them into product strategies and leading the charge (while partnering with Product Development) to turn the product strategies into compelling product lines & launches that will deliver against our revenue goals. The Associate Product Marketing Manager must possess a unique blend of business and technical product savvy, brand vision, flawless execution, team spirit, attention to detail and a sense of urgency.
Primary Objectives (3-7 key focus/areas of responsibilities of the position)
- Project management of new products from conception to launch
- Market research, trend analysis, and consumer insight to recommend new products or product revisions
- Partnership with sales to understand post-launch product success against forecast as well as what can be done to improve product success
- Marketing communications internally as well as externally to consumers, vendors, distributors
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Position Duties:
- Monitors industry environment, identifies product gaps and opportunities – continually listens to feedback from sales, customer service, consumers, retailers, distributors and industry experts
- Recommends product positioning & priorities – works with senior leadership and key stakeholders to assess and prioritize initiatives
- Partners with cross functional teams to execute new product initiatives – This role will work with key stakeholders, including Product Development, Sales, Operations, Finance, EBEU, Legal, Compliance and other external partners to define, refine, develop and launch new products and capabilities
- Drives Marketing Communications – Manages the design, key messaging, planning and execution of external communications, including website and collateral. The Associate Product Marketing Manager will create strategy briefs and provide critical input into content
- Supports the sales team to effectively communicate product positioning, features & benefits relative to the competition and supports their efforts with competitive intelligence
Preferred Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s in Marketing or related field
- 3-6 years of product marketing or related experience
- 2 years of experience in consumer goods, preferably baby or children’s products
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Survey tools such as Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey
- Consumer indexes such as Nielsen
- Minimal travel required (less than 10%), mostly domestic
Team Member Success Factors --To succeed at Ergobaby, each team member must demonstrate the following:
Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively, Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings; Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Solution-Focused - Views a problem or challenge as an opportunity for learning; actively searches for solutions using all available resources
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Cost Consciousness with Quality Focus - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources; Understands how to balance cost consciousness with quality focus; Ensures quality of service and product at all levels.
Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Kaizen - Continually looks for ways to improve process, customer satisfaction, quality of product, personal achievement, team achievement, and company overall; Does not accept “status quo” as a default.
Physical Requirements – The following is a list of what all employees, except those with medical accommodation, may be regularly required to do.
- Sit for prolonged periods of time
- Utilize wrist and hands for a prolonged period of time
- Walk short distances
- Stand for short periods
- Speaking and conversing with others
- Lift up to 25lbs without assistance up to chest height