Become the Newest Addition to Our Ergobaby and Orbit Baby Family!
At Ergobaby, we are continually amazed by how the tiniest person can transform our lives with just one exquisite breath. Similarly, we understand how one professional can transform a team and a company.
Our family of companies started with one simple idea…to make innovative baby products that support everyday parenting needs. We understand that it takes a team comprised of talented, caring, innovative people to take that idea and make it real. Our team of sales, marketing, product design/engineering, quality assurance, supply chain, and back office professionals are the Ergonauts who make it happen.
We are looking for the next Ergonaut…
The Ergobaby Culture
Ergobaby was founded in Maui while Orbit Baby was founded in the Silicon Valley. As such, there is a blend of a friendly, relaxed, and fun environment mixed with a results-oriented drive, a passion for our product, and a collaborative work ethic. We understand that our products touch the littlest of people…our future. That shared understanding unites us. There is nothing so great as knowing that what we do, we do for “them.”
For our fulltime Ergonauts, we offers the full suite of medical, dental, and voluntary benefits as well as 401k with discretionary match. We also offer 10 company paid holidays, vacation, 7 sick leave days, and 2 floating holidays.
*Ergonauts located in Europe or China receive a separate benefits package
Take a look around… our website, our Instagram feed, our Facebook page, and our Blogs.
If WE sound just like YOU, please view the positions listed below. If there is a role you are interested in, please send an email to [email protected] with the position title in the subject line.
Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, we are unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate.
Thank you for your interest in Ergobaby & Orbit Baby.
>Updated May 18, 2015
Ergobaby Position: Marketing Coordinator
The Marketing Coordinator for Ergobaby will be responsible for supporting the Ergobaby Carriers category and helping out the marketing department on a variety of projects when needed. From keeping track of timelines and deliverables for projects to developing category insights through in-depth analysis and tracking competitive products, the Marketing Coordinator will possess a unique blend of organization and multi-tasking skills, analytical and creative abilities, attention to detail, team spirit, brand passion and a sense of urgency. This is a unique opportunity to gain exposure to the most exciting category and work with all departments within the marketing team, including product marketing, events, social media, PR and creative services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Brand Support
- Assist the Global Product Marketing Manager for Carriers on category and competitive analysis
- Support content development by copy editing marketing collateral
- Monitor the competitive landscape for product news, and potential advertising and promotional activities, keeping the team up to date on the latest news
- Cross-Functional Support: Help out with product launches, PR product requests, consumer events and trade shows by coordinating product and collateral shipping
- Maintain a central calendar and checklist of product development, launch and sustaining activities, coordinating with key stakeholders in product marketing, product development and creative services to keep information updated in real-time
- Provide administrative support to the Global Product Marketing team, including assembling PowerPoint presentations for monthly Marketing meetings and creating handouts/agendas
Desired Skills and Experience
- Four year college or university program degree in Business or Marketing required
- At least 1-2 years of experience in a role where marketing & project management skills were required: experience can also come from internships, employment or volunteer roles
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills
- Strong analytical ability
- Great communication skills – demonstrated ability to effectively communicate ideas, both in writing and in person
- Excellent team player - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests
- Strong sense of urgency: you’re self-motivated and eager to demonstrate your skills and contribute to the success of your team. You’re the kind of person who asks for more to do when projects wrap up early
- Basic public speaking skills: you may be asked to attend a consumer event or two within the year- you should be comfortable demonstrating Ergobaby products to event attendees
Job Location and Travel
- This role will be based in Los Angeles, CA and may be asked to travel on occasion
Orbit Baby Position: Product Graphics Designer
Orbit Baby is entering a period of aggressive product launches and we are looking for someone to take on the challenge of helping us execute and manage the multiple and simultaneous collateral projects that will flow out of these products. First and foremost, we will need you to help drive these projects while working in collaboration with and taking input from product designers and our creative group within the LA based Marketing department. We are looking for talented graphic designers who have real-world experience working on physical products and managing multiple design projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
Responsible for executing and managing multiple and simultaneous graphic design projects related to, but not limited to, Ergobaby and Orbitbaby product collateral. Product collateral includes on-product graphics (labels, pad printing, etc.), packaging (layouts, graphics, labels, etc.) and manuals (layouts, formatting, infographics, etc.). As a company that sells its products internationally, collateral will include multiple languages. You will collaborate with and take input from multiple sources, including product designers and our creative group which is part of our LA based Marketing department. This position requires the coordination and management of multiple contractors and vendors who provide translations services and other graphics needs.
The Product Graphics Designer will update and edit existing collateral, as well as create original content for Ergobaby and its family of brands. Not only must the collateral meet internal style guidelines, but since baby products are a highly regulated industry, all graphics must be designed to stringent constraints, including regulatory requirements for labeling. This position is responsible for the administration and maintenance of our collateral database as document and revision control is required. As such, you will be managing and documenting changes to collateral through a defined checklisting process.
- BA in Graphic Design, Visual Communication or equivalent
- 2 to 3 years of relevant industry experience, or equivalent
- Project Management – Firm grasp of organizational fundamentals; Define project scope and schedule using organizational tools, set goals, create and implement action plans and evaluate the results, ability to communicate project status clearly and effectively across cross-functional groups and upper management; capacity to positively influence and lead team members to common objectives; assess urgency and risk, contain and solve problem situations and make clear decisions during the course of the project
- Design – Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into finished product collateral; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail. Strong understanding of graphic design principles.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively, Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Compensation: depending on experience
- Competitive benefits, including medical and 401k
- Principals only (recruiters, please do not contact us regarding this job posting)
- This role will be based in Los Angeles, CA.